Cusco City Tour
Discover sites in the historical capital of Peru from the Incan and colonial times. You will be swept back in time by the architecture and atmosphere of these incredible places of interest. You will get the opportunity to learn a lot about the greatest culture in Peruvian history.
Cusco is the historical and archaeological capital of South America, a title awarded by UNESCO to preserve its archaeological monuments and to keep their customs that come from the time of the Incas. Their great archaeological monuments defy time with huge complex which now amaze all visitors.
This is a half day tour starting(8 am) with a visit the Santo Domingo Convent, famous for being built on the Incan sun temple structures, the main religious building of the Incas dedicated to the worship of the Sun. When the first Spaniards arrived they were amazed to see that the walls of the great temple were covered with gold plates. Following that tour, we will visit the Cathedral, a colonial religious monument of extraordinary artistic value with its fabulous paintings with a carved wooden frame, and the beautiful Church of the Company.
Continuing the tour, we visit the archaeological complex of Sacsayhuaman, where you will appreciate large terraces which overlap in zigzag formation surrounded by enormous stone walls well fitted with stone blocks exceeding 6 meters high and weighing over 120 tons. Simply a magnificent work of Incan architecture most worthy of being admired. You will also visit Q’enqo, which means “Labyrinth”. This place is a stone shrine that was used for ritual purposes. Also Pukapukara, which means “red fortress” because the calcareous stones with which is built have acquired the reddish color of the ground. And finally Tambomachay which was a sacred center of worship of water, that were also known as Incan Baths.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of your City tour
- English/Quechua/Spanish-professional speaking Guide
- Private transport to/from Cusco as drescribed in the itenerary
- Boleto Turistico and entry fees
- Lunch in a typical Peruvian restaurant
- Cathedral: 25 soles
Pull Group Service Price per person 2020 *
Price: USD$ 45.00 per person in a pull group service.
In a Private Service Price per person USD$
|2 persons||4-6 persons||6-8 persons||8-12 persons|
|$ 97||$ 70||$ 65||$ 57|
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the tour
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 20.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
* Pull group Service. Means that you are going to shere the tour with other people from different travel agencies.
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Powered by Webmedia.pe