Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
This trip is an exciting 4 day combination of biking, hiking and rafting. We cycle 6 hours downhill, from the high Malaga pass to lower down in the cloud forest en route to Machu Picchu. During this journey, we will enjoy amazing views of the mountains, valleys and small picturesque villages, and see coca leaves plantations, banana trees, coffee plantations, and other different plants & fruit trees, besides hiking an Inca Trail along the sacred river of the Incas named Urubamba. We finally arrive to the famous and touristy town of Machu Picchu. This is an excellent choice for those with a sense of adventure and thrill seekers!
DAY 1: CUSCO – CHINCHERO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – MALAGA PASS – SANTA MARIA (DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKING)
We will pick you up from your hotel, and ride to Ollantaytambo on a private bus to reach Malaga pass. On the way we are towered by the surrounding mountains and rolling hills until we reach the town of Chinchero overlooking the Sacred Valley of the Incas. 4350 m). Round midday we arrive to the starting point of the downhill cycling, where we will begin to descend into the cloud forest and after into the hot valleys towards the Amazon basin. This trip will be around 5 or 6 hours, crossing little rustic villages. We will stop two times enroute to visit the Archeological center of Incatambo (Inca Lodge) and Huamanmarca (Falcon site). We will arrive at Santa Maria where we have our lodging and dinner.
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – QELLOMAYU – COLCAMAYU – SANTA TERESA (TREKKING)
We will wake up very early at 5 am and have breakfast, then we will start walking along the riverside and will continue to go up the route to get to the start of the ancient Inca jungle trail as well as crossing the Oroyas (cable car bridge) and suspension bridge. On this hike, we can observe the region’s wild animals like hummingbirds, parrots, eagles, etc. Also we will see (and maybe taste) wild fruits and medicine plants like: avocados, yuca, oranges, tangerines, pacay, mango, cacao, coffee, coca shrubs, etc. Then arriving to the village of Quellomayu we will have 1 hour approximately to rest and have lunch. After that, we continue walking by the river for about two hours until we to get to the beautiful hot springs of Cocalmayo very near to the town of Santa Teresa where we can relax for about one hour before continuing to Santa Teresa (where we will eat and rest).
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA- HYDROELECTRIC STATION – MACHUPICCHU TOWN (TREKKING)
We will get up at 7:00am and have breakfast. Then we will continue the trek to the hydroelectric power plant. We will be passing many waterfalls and especially one falling down from 45m. approx., where you can shower if you want (optional). After that, we will arrive to the hydroelectric power plant to rest and to have lunch. Then we walk for 2 hours to reach our final destination, Aguas Calientes. Here we will have our lodging and dinner, and then we’ll have the briefing for Machu Picchu for the next day.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Early start to Machu Picchu, means enetering for the best photo opportunities. Following the guided tour, take the time to explore and wander around Machu Picchu by yourself. Make your way back down to Aguas Calientes for a well-deserved rest and lunch. Finally, get the train to Ollantaytambo and bus back to Cusco.
- Private tourist transportation pick up from your hotel in Cusco that takes us to the start of the trail.
- Bikes with front suspension, gloves, and helmet.
- Full meals service with 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 Dinners
- 2 overnights in country lodge (all basic services included)
- Private Hotel Room in Machupicchu Town (Machupicchu, Continental or similar).
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Round trip bus tickets MachuPicchu Town -Machupicchu Sanctuary (day 4)
- Professional Bi-lingual Guide (English and Spanish)
- Tourist Class train back to Cusco
- First day breakfast and last day lunch.
- Entry to Machu Picchu Hot Springs (Optional: 10 Soles)
- Last lunch in Machupicchu Town (day 4)
What do I need to bring?
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Machupicchu Town).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and extra batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money (Soles and dollars cash.
Pull Group Service Price per person 2020 *
Price: USD$ 405.00 per person in a pull group service.
In a Private Service: UDS$
|2 persons||4-6 persons||6-8 persons||8-12 persons|
|$ 495||$455||$ 440||$ 425|
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the trek
-Train service upon request: Expedition train, Vistadome train, Hiram Bingham (Luxury Orient Express)
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 40.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 25.00 USD and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Powered by Webmedia.pe