Maras - Moray
A day full of varying sites from local markets, ancient salt mines still used today, and a very unique style of Incan architecture. An excellent tour for anyone wanting to get the most of different aspects of Cusqueñan history and modern village life.
We will pick up in your hotel to go to the Quechua village of Chinchero. This town is located 28 km outside of Cusco and is surrounded by patchwork style fields with exquisite natural colours. Chinchero is a charming town, with colonial style buildings and was a major agricultural center during the Tawantinsuyo cultural period. Here you can appreciate the stone walls with trapezoidal niches and a traditional market where locals still practice bartering. The women of Chinchero are easily recognized for their very distinguishing clothing and braided hair.
We will go on to the picturesque town of Maras. It is located at an altitude of 3,380 meters above sea level. This is a small village famous for its salt mines which consist of about 3000 small pools with an average area of about 5m² from which salt is extracted after a drying process. The Salt mines, better known as “Salineras de Maras”, have been exploited since Incan times as a means of economic exchange. 7 km from Maras, we will arrive at the archaeological site of Moray. We will see the greatness of the circular terraces of Incan agriculture. Moray is a group of circular terraces which was used as an agricultural experimental center. The Incas used it to study the adaptation of plants to new ecosystems. The overlapping circular stone rings widen as they rise and it has a total depth of 150 m.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of your City tour
- English/Quechua/Spanish-professional speaking Guide
- Private transport to/from Cusco as drescribed in the itenerary
- Boleto Turistico and entry fees
- Lunch in a typical Peruvian restaurant
- Tips for the crew(Guide and driver)
- snacks and water
Pull Group Service Price per person 2020 *
Price: USD$ 60.00 per person in a pull group service.
In a Private Service Price per person USD$
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the tour
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 20.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
* Pull group Service. Means that you are going to shere the tour with other people from different travel agencies.
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Powered by Webmedia.pe