Quarry Inca Trek to Machu Picchu
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
We specialize in offering unique treks, and promote this Quarry Inca trek along which you will enjoy some small Inca ruins, big waterfalls, amazing landscapes, Incan aqueducts, and see how the Incas used to work the rock; you will visit the old Inca quarry from where the Incas have carved the rocks to build Ollantaytambo Incan ruins, which was the gate to Machu Picchu. Take the time to explore the living Inca city of Ollantaytambo and hike up to the old Inca storehouses which are located on the hillside. After visiting Ollantaytambo, enjoy a wonderful scenic train ride to Aguas Calientes, and hot springs located in town. On the final day, we visit the incredible Machupicchu.
DAY 1 CHOQUEQUILLA-QORIMARKA
We start early morning and drive to Choquequilla, a small Incan ceremonial site. From here a short drive will take us to Rafqa, where we will start to hike and meet our horsemen that will join us during our hike. Then after approximately 1 hour hiking we will get to a small community of Socma. A further 1 hour walk will take us to Perolniyoc waterfall where we will stop for photos and a snack. From here we continue to Qorimarka Incan site to explore for about 30 minutes, then get to the base camp by lunch time.
DAY 2 PUKAQASA- CHOQUETACARPO
After an early breakfast, we start out to the top of the first pass Pukaqasa (4400m). Enjoy the views of the mountains and the valley below. Following lunch, we continue going to reach a small Incan site with amazing views of Veronica Mountain (5850m). Our campsite is at Choquetacarpo (3600m).
DAY 3 CHOQUETACARPO- CACHICATA-OLLANTAYTAMBO
Today we get to go downhill. Arriving at Cachicata quarry, we will enjoy the stone carving of the Incas, which unfortunately they could not complete due to the Spanish conquest. Around midday we arrive to Qachiqata village then onto Ollantaytambo town. We take an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes.
4TH DAY: MACHUPICCHU
Early start to Machu Picchu, means entering for the best photo opportunities. Following the guided tour, take the time to explore and wander around Machu Picchu by yourself. Make your way back down to Machupicchu Town (Aguas Calientes) for a well-deserved rest and lunch. Finally, get the train to Ollantaytambo and bus back to Cusco.
- Pre departure briefing.
- Early morning private transfer to trailhead
- Meals: 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners /3 afternoon hot drinks and snacks
- Day 2 and 3 drinking water
- Two man Tents: (for a personal tent request, there is a surcharge of $30), and inflatable sleeping mat.
- Cooking and dining tent, folding tables, and stools.
- Cutlery and crockery.
- Machupicchu round trip bus tickets
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Mules, carrying heavy gear such as: food, tents, gas bottle, etc.
- A Chef and an assistant.
- English and Spanish speaking professional tour guide. (For groups larger than 9 persons, two tour guides).
- Round trip train tickets service to Machupicchu Town upon request: Expedition train, Vistadome train, Hiram Bingham (Luxury Orient Express), and we change for a bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- First day breakfast and drinking water
- Last day lunch (recommended in Machupicchu town)
- Left luggage at Machu Picchu (4 soles per bag).
- Sleeping bag (25USD for the whole trek)
- Huaynapicchu entrance ticket.
- Tipping your trek staff is optional but is customary.
What do I need to bring?
- A rucksack with your personal belongings for the whole period of the trek which is to be carried by you including sleeping bag and mattress, when you do not hire a personal porter
- A big rucksack to be provided to a personal porter, and a small rucksack to be carried by you with the essentials for the day (this is when you hire a personal porter)
- Rain gear (annorax and rain trousers if available) and rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong and waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Sandals or flip-flops for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes (thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping)
- Sleeping bag (please inform our Reservations Department if you wish to book this extra service at the moment of your booking)
- Foamy mattress: will be provided by us but is to be carried by you
- Head torch and batteries
- Camera, batteries and memory card (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Wide brim hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 80% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- A canteen or camel back, plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca Trail.
- Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you take river or stream water along the route.
- Swimsuit (for showering or bathing chances)
- Cash in soles and/or US$ (small change)
- Original passport
- Original International Student Identity Card ISIC (in case you have applied for a student discount).
Pull Group Service Price per person 2020 *
Price: USD$ 570.00 per person in a pull group service.
In a Private Service: UDS$
|2 persons||4-6 persons||6-8 persons||8-12 persons|
|$ 685||$ 615||$ 605||$590|
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the trek
-Train service upon request: Expedition train, Vistadome train, Hiram Bingham (Luxury Orient Express)
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card. Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 40.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Powered by Webmedia.pe