Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snowcapped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination. The colorful hills, hidden deep in the Andes.
The Rainbow Mountain was included by National Geographic in the list of the 100 places you should go before die.
We will pick you up early from your hotel in Cuzco around 04:30 am, then we will drive through the South Valley he hike to Vinicunca is approximately 3 hours and reaches heights between 4,700 and 5,007 meters. Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate Mountain towering in the distance, as you get closer to Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the colored minerals that form the painted hills, and finally we will get to the top after we been haking for about 2 hours and get a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up the sacred land. Take in the beautiful scenery and the surrounding Ausangate mountains and turquoise-blue lakes along the way. Enjoy a delicious lunch at the top after hiking the 2 hours down the mountain to head back to Cusco.
*A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef
- Snacks for the trek
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking expert trekking guide
- Entrance tickets to access private land
- First aid kit & Oxygen
*Horseback available upon request, at an additional cost
*We run our trips daily with a 2 person minimum. We take only small groups & private trips, to maintain the experience giving you the full attention of our guides and staff.
This is a challenging day of hiking. Hikers should be reasonably fit, and spend some time in Cusco to acclimate (we recommend 3 days in Cusco or similar elevation). The hike takes place over 5007m (16,600ft) and is about 6 kilometers in length (3.5 miles) in total length, with an elevation gain of 285m (950ft). The main reason this trek is difficult is because of the elevation. The terrain is a gradual climb and you are walking in a wide valley for the majority of the trek. Please consult your doctor for proper advice on trekking in high altitude.
Pull Group Service Price per person 2020 *
Price: USD$ 60.00 per person in a pull group service.
In a Private Service: UDS$
|2 persons||4-6 persons||6-8 persons||8-12 persons|
|$ 307||$ 150||$ 120||$ 110|
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the trek
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 30.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
* Pull group Service. Means that you are going to shere the tour with other people from different travel agencies.
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Powered by Webmedia.pe